You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to BiteFight.US. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rdw97

Harbinger of Death

• "rdw97" is male
  • "rdw97" started this thread

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 12:21am

Server 17

A new server with the old version of bitefight? I was expecting the original version, the ocs, not the same version we've been playing. Can we get a new server with the original version of bitefight? I think more people would play it.

Senakhtenre

Vampire GA *,..,*

• "Senakhtenre" is male

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 6:22am

Compared to S101 and S102, the S17 runs an older version (s101-102 runs the 3.1.19 version and s17 2.4.30), sorry if the message gave you a false idea, my bad :)

About a retro server of BiteFight, that will most likely not going happen. Gameforge has been totally against this idea in all of the games they run, the only exception was the retro OGame which was worked on during the developers free time.

And while I could agree that lots of players might try a retro version of BiteFight for that nostalgia, I highly doubt they would in the long-term stay, generally speaking what people want and the main reason they left is lack of content (new missions, weapons, in general new stuff to do) microevents, etc... A retro version of the game would be stuck as it was in the past, bugs included.

Alliances forged and broken. We have paid the price for sharing this world...
And we have forgotten what makes us strong.
Game Rules | Support

rdw97

Harbinger of Death

• "rdw97" is male

Tuesday, September 26th 2017, 12:45pm

But what this lacks, the retro version had tons of...socialization. I just miss those days when everyone would chat and play around with each other while waiting for timed missions to end and everything was based on pure skill and gear sets, not on how many orbs you can activate to win a fight. Just missing the old days when bitefight was at it's prime.

Disconnect

Wizard of Senakhtenre (and of IRC too)

• "Disconnect" is male

Wednesday, September 27th 2017, 8:20pm

But what this lacks, the retro version had tons of...socialization. I just miss those days when everyone would chat and play around with each other while waiting for timed missions to end and everything was based on pure skill and gear sets, not on how many orbs you can activate to win a fight. Just missing the old days when bitefight was at it's prime.

I also miss those days. But times changes and all we can do is to hope they change again to the better.
TeamManager Ikariam.se
TeamManager Bitefight.se
IRC Admin RunesOfMagic.com
IRC admin RunesOfMagic.us
Supermoderator BattleknightScandinavia
GameOperator Bitefight.us

rdw97

Harbinger of Death

• "rdw97" is male

Thursday, September 28th 2017, 4:44pm

I know, but it would be nice to have those days back. Back then you couldnt jump 10 levels in a day. That's what is killing our new servers. People rise up in level so fast to be on top and they kill the server because they cant be beaten unless someone else does the same. No one wants to play keep up at that pace.

Terror101

Beginner

• "Terror101" is male

Thursday, September 28th 2017, 5:51pm

old style server

I have to agree with what RDW97 said. Here is an example from the new UK server 22 that opened up the same day server 17 opened. This guy has power leveled supper high and now we must all play catch up. this shouldn't be possible. It breaks the game in my opinion.

https://s22-en.bitefight.gameforge.com/profile/player/15641

Thanks Maleficent for the sig!

• "Fangstien" is male

Monday, November 6th 2017, 1:32am

In agreement that an OG variant is needed. Maybe not all the way back to when a lvl 100 could attack a lvl 1 but far enough to give the higher lvls the Clan Wars and make it about building a char again. That’s when this game had its most socializing.
Iranian Vampire Bite Link
Iranian Wolf

Left here to remind me!

Tuesday, November 14th 2017, 9:10pm

I have to agree here. The game as many of us old timers know, is gone and I miss it too. I don't know how many originals of S-1 play. I began S-1 as a vamp in 2008. Then I branched out to other servers. Then after the NCS and merge I'm now down to my original account as a wolf. Many friends have come and gone. The first few years was a blast. Now I just log in to set up my 8 hours in the graveyard and missions at reset.
Today I found out yet another friend has quit....Sad Days :(
Jadus/Belle